Tuesday, 5 April 2011

One from the archives - Italian Beef Stew

I posted this recipe on my old blog in Feb 2011, after a request on Twitter for it, I've popped it on here for you to enjoy.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I've had this recipe bookmarked to do for ages, and as it doesn't take long to cook I opted to do it on Monday.

Ingredients

1 onion
1 clove garlic
300g beef, cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, thinly slices
sprig of rosemary, chopped up
tin of tomatoes
handful of olives

Method

Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil and then add the beef, the pepper and the rosemary, cook for a few minutes and then add the tinned tomatoes.  Simmer for 15 mins and stir through the olives.  I served this with  mash.









(I don't think I'd get any points for presentation for this dish)

I got the beef in Leeds Market, the butcher I went to was so lovely and friendly, I explained what I wanted and he went through which beef he had and picked out the one he thought would work for how I was cooking it, then checked with me again that I definitely wanted strips not chunks.  I also got my onion, pepper and potatoes from a fruit and veg stall in the market.

I went to Millies to get the olives, I knew they'd have some lovely ones.  I wasn't disappointed, they were delicious. I'm surprised any made it into the stew, I had plenty while I was cooking!!