Saturday, 2 April 2011

Pork loin with rosemary and garlic

I found this recipe, and upon reading some of the tweaks decided to take note of marinating.

Ingredients
large pork loin
salt
pepper
4 garlic cloves
olive oil
generous helping of dried rosemary

Method
I peeled the garlic cloves, then added them to my mortar and pestle with the rosemary, and a good sprinkle of salt, then bashed it up.  I added some olive oil to make a paste.



I stabbed the pork loin, then smoothed over the paste, trying to get it in the stab holes, then sprinkled over a wee bit of pepper.  I threw that in a plastic bag and into the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.

After the marination process, I placed the pork into the roasting tin, with a wee bit more olive oil, and 2 wine cubes. (I keep the white wine I use for prawn linguine in an icecube tray in my freezer)

I put that in the oven at 180, and basted every half an hour.  I worked my 900g piece out to need about an hour and a half, but it was probably more like 1 hour 25.

It was lovely though.  So full of flavour.



We had it for our Sunday dinner with mashed carrots, mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese and green beans.