Sunday, 3 April 2011

Prawn Linguine

We have this dish regularly because of how simple and quick it is to make.


Ingredients
Linguine - I use about half a pack for 3 of us
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
parsley - fresh is best but I generally always use dried
butter - or marg if you're always slimming, like me
white wine - I pour any unused white wine into an icecube tray and then freeze so I can use them when I need
prawns

Method


Melt a good dollop of butter in a frying pan and then add chopped garlic.

I use a garlic peeler to get the skin off, you put the garlic clove in, skin on, then rub it on the worktop a few times and out pops the garlic, minus the skin.  Genius.



Cook the garlic on the butter for a minute and then add the wine.  Put the linguine in a pan of boiling water, and cook for 3-4 minutes.

Add the prawns to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and add the parlsey.  Let this cook for a couple of minutes then take off the heat.

When the pasta is cooked drain it, then add it to the prawn pan,  coat the pasta with the liquid and prawns and serve.

Delicious.