Thursday, 14 April 2011

Sweet Potato & Chilli Soup


This is a firm favourite of ours, and just about the only all veggie dish I can serve up without any complaints.

I think the original recipe was from BBC Good Food, but I've done it so many times I just go with the flow and make it my own way.

Ingredients


Sweet potatoes, I used four medium ones for this batch
1 red chilli
1 clove of garlic
1 large onion
Salt and Pepper
Ground Cumin
1 Litre veg stock

Method
Chop the onion, garlic and chilli then add to a pan to fry off.  I used fry light to do this in, and if it starts to stick at all I add a teeny weeny bit of water to keep it from burning.  Add the ground cumin to the pan and then peel and chop your sweet potato.

Add the sweet potato to the pan and make up your veg stock.  Pour it over, season and bring to the boil.

Turn the heat down, simmer for 15 mins (ish) checking if your sweet potato is cooked.

Blend.

Serve.

Delicious.