Saturday, 21 May 2011

An adaptation on Nigella's Flourless Chocolate Brownies

 I made these brownies on Thursday as a practise run for Chrissie's Bake Sale - which due to volunteering at the Hepworth Gallery opening today and being ill I'm unfortunately not attending now - or even able to get any baking over to Bingley.

Anyway - you can find Nigella's recipe here I used the same quantities of ingredients with the exception of the nuts, I substituted them for some Cadbury's Buttons.

I also melted the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, rather than directly using a pan - that's mostly because I didn't bother to properly read my recipe book and just assumed you'd do it that way to avoid the chocolate burning!

I added the buttons at the end, hoping they may sink into the mixture - but they didn't.

After making them I've decided I'm actually not a fan of these brownies - I found that not using flour made them too squidgy, impossible to cut and very undignified to eat.  I'm not sure if the chopped nuts may make the mixture stand up to being cut and eaten better?

Have you made these brownies before?




4 comments:

  1. LOVE that you've posted a recipe for something you didn't actually like! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I'd taken the pictures, it seems a shame to not! Plus I'd like to know if anyone actually rates this silly flourless nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rach

    I love most of Nigella's recipes and my favourite brownies are her Snow-Flecked brownies from Feast. These however have never appealed to me due to them not having flour. However, yours turned out yummy looking!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :)

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah they looked good, but you can't cut into them for love nor money! Certainly a bit death by chocolate! I think it was leaving out the nuts that made them so unworkable! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)