Tuesday, 24 May 2011

National Vegetarian Week (NVW) Recommended Recipe

As I mentioned yesterday I asked for recipes for vegetarian food on Twitter, and have lined up one for each of the days of NVW 2011.

First up is recommended by @AmalieBee a Butternut Squash and Pinenut Lasagne which can be found online here.

I really like the look of this recipe, I often find the white sauces of lasagnes too heavy, so I'm really intrigued by this one using Soya Milk.  I think I'll wait to give this a go myself until I move.  I'm the only one in my household that likes butternut squash so it's useless me making this one now, but it looks like a good one to make and then batch up for the freezer.

Ama tells me she's veggie because of the animal welfare issue, but that she doesn't feel the need to batter other into believing it too - and will even cook meat for others, which I think is very good of her.  Thank you for this recommendation, I look forward to trying it!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! Yeah I know what you mean about those white sauces. I also don't know many people who like butternut squash - I don't get it, it's amazing!! Hope you like it! :0D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)