Wednesday, 25 May 2011

National Vegetarian Week (NVW) Recommended Recipe

Having had an unfortunate injury of late the poor @decknologist has been on a soup diet.  He recommends a Curried Aubergine Soup recipe from 200 Super Soups by Sara Lewis, but with minor amendments to use more garlic (I've doubled it in the listing below) and to make your own curry paste.

1 onion
2 aubergines
4 garlic cloves
4 tsp curry paste
1inch piece ginger, grated
2 potatoes, diced
2 carrots, diced
75g red lentils
1.5 L veg stock
1 can chopped tomatoes

Fry the onions with the aubergine till the aubergine is browned.
Stir in garlic, curry paste and ginger.
Cook off for 1 min then add potatoes, carrots and lentils.
Cover with the stock and tomatoes and simmer for 30 mins.
Puree the soup and serve with some fresh coriander.



I love the sound of this soup and can't wait to give it a try - big thank you for this recommendation!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rach
    Are you going to be posting photos of the food from this week?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I make it I will, I was just going for a series of recommended recipes from others - so the recipes this week are all new ones to me, ones I haven't made before. I've been poorly all week, haven't done any cooking at all so far! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)