Friday, 20 May 2011

Simpleton Supper - Chicken and Chorizo Pasta


I whipped this up for tea on Thursday in place of the stew I had planned, I didn't fancy potatoes and had a hankering for pasta...

Ingredients:
Chorizo
1 Chicken breast
2 small red onions, roughly chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
tinned tomatoes
paprika
fresh basil leaves
pasta (heart shape optional)

Method:
I chopped the chicken, the onions and about a third of the chorizo and then fried all that for five minutes and added the tinned tomatoes, a generous amount of paprika and seasoned with salt and pepper.  I left that to simmer gently while I cooked the pasta for 12 minutes.

When the pasta was done I drained it, took the chicken and chorizo pan off the heat and dished up.  I added the fresh basil at the end to give a bit of green to the dish, and add some aromatic herbyness.


A really simple but tasty meal.  If I did this again I'd probably add some garlic in too, and maybe some dried chilli's for a bit of extra heat.

My heart shaped pasta is from Millies Fresh and Organic in Leeds.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy - very like one of mine - except I tend to serve with rice & add chickpeas. Also - think smoked paprika the best type to use - has such flavour. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoked paprika would be good to use! I kind of wished I'd put more chorizo in too - but I'm just greedy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After last night's crap fish and chips I'm cooking something similar-ish to this. Chicken & chorizo but more of a stew : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really warm yesterday so didn't fancy a stew - the one I was going to cook had potatoes in with it

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)