Monday, 30 May 2011

Spicy Bean Chilli

1 tin kidney beans
1 tin broad beans
1 tin chick peas
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp chilli powder
1 carton passata
couple of squeezes of tomato puree

That's a lot of 1's there...

I chopped the onion and the garlic and cooked them off while I chopped up the peppers into medium chunks.

I added the peppers to the pan and let them mix in with the onions and garlic and then added the kidney beans, the chick peas and the broad beans.

I added the tinned tomatoes after that, and then the passata.  I threw in some chilli powder to give heat and then left to simmer for 15 mins.

I added the tomato puree after 15 mins and let it cook for a further 3 mins.


I served with rice.  We both enjoyed it, although I served up gigantic portions, and it was quite spicy.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely - I have made chilli before but using Quorn mince - I think it would be nice to try with all the deff types of beans in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend made me a slimming world one with quorn mince and that was lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)