Saturday, 7 May 2011

Teriyaki Salmon

I used a recipe from BBC Food to make this, having never made it before.

I couldn't find maple syrup in Morrisons, well I could but it was £4 for a bottle of organic stuff, I couldn't see me using enough of it to warrant the price - so I used honey in place of it.


I chopped the garlic, ginger and chilli and then fried in fry light while my salmon was frying in another frying pan.  I like my salmon crispy so cooked it for longer than the recipe suggested.

While that was cooking I zested my lime and then added that to the ginger, garlic and chilli, then chopped it in half and squeezed in the juice.  I threw in the soy sauce (I just added a big glug of it, didn't really pay attention to how much) then added in 2 tablespoons of honey and left it to reduce down.

I cooked the salmon skin side down to start, for 4 minutes, then turned it over to the flesh side for another four minutes.  When that was done I added it into the sauce mixture to cook with that for a bit longer, and spooned the sauce over it to coat it.

While all that was going on I cooked the noodles.  When the sauce had reduced down quite a bit I turned the heat off and served.  I forgot to add the extra bit of lime juice, but I don't think it made a difference.

Voila.



I think my sauce was probably too runny, so I'd add more honey and less soy sauce next time I do this!

Have you made Teriyaki Salmon before?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks really yummy, going to try it. I love Salmon.

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Wasabi salmon the other night which was basically the same but used rice noodles and well, wasabi and pickled ginger instead of honey I guess :)! It rocked!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)