Monday, 13 June 2011

Humongous cookies...

My Mum's bero book is 28, nearly 29 years old.  Coincidentally the same age as me.  I am very attached to it, and use it as often as I can.  I bought my own bero book whilst at uni, it's packed away with other kitchen bits and bobs awaiting me moving.

On a whim on Thursday night I decided to make biscuits for work.  A colleague said he liked chocolate chip cookies the best, so after finding a forlorn pack of chocolate chips at the back of the cupboard I decided to make him some.

Now, I came to the conclusion that men like big manly biscuits.  So I made big manly biscuits...

I used the chocolate chip cookie bero book recipe - the one they have online is different to the one that's in my Mum's bero book, probably to sort out some of the problems I encountered...

Firstly I didn't have brown sugar, so used caster sugar.  Secondly my chocolate chips were dark chocolate.  Thirdly the size I made them was utterly ridiculous...






They were edible - but more like chocolate chip scones.....  We came to the conclusion that dipping them in tea is the only way to eat them.

Back to the drawing board if I want to impress him with my cookies....