Sunday, 19 June 2011

Loch Fyne, Leeds

With moving out I won't be able to afford to eat out as much as I have done, so I'm aiming to only have one meal out per month.

My meal out for June was with my good twitter buddy Chrissie who suggested we go to Loch Fyne.  It's one I've never been to in Leeds and I love fish so I was really looking forward to going.

To start I had Whitebait, which came with a lemon mayonnaise.


They were tasty, I've never had whitebait before so I was a bit perturbed at eating the whole fish, but soon tucked in with gusto.  The portion was a bit much for a starter for me, I got a little bored of eating the same thing.

Chrissie had Mackeral Pate, which would have been my second choice of starter.


I loved the jar it came in but thought if I'd had it I would have wanted more oatcakes to eat it on.

For main I had the Monk Fish and King Prawn Thai curry.


It was delicious, the prawns were lovely and the pieces of monkfish were nice and big.  It was just the right size portion for me too, and I loved that it came with prawn crackers too.  I don't normally eat them but made an exception last night.  

Chrissie went for King Prawns and Scallops, which I was very jealous of.  I loved the presentation of it.


Having consumed 2 pints and half a bottle of wine at this point I declined to have a pudding. But Chrissie bravely took up the pudding challenge and ordered a sticky toffee pudding.


That wasn't what arrived though.  Instead she got served a chocolate brownie.

We both looked questioningly at it, wondering if this was some strange sticky toffee pudding the likes of which we'd never seen before.  Chrissie tried it and declared it definitely to be chocolate, but liked it so we never mentioned the error to our waiter.

I enjoyed eating at Loch Fyne, it was early evening so not too busy, we had good service (apart from messing up the pudding order), good company, good food and the building itself was lovely.  I'd have loved to have had something exotic like the Lobster, but my purse couldn't stretch to such an expense!


Any tips on where my July meal out should be?