Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Chickpea Curry and Raita

I didn't really make this to a recipe, I looked at a couple and then decided to just do my own thing.



Ingredients
1 red chilli
1 large knob of ginger
2 small onions
2 cloves of garlic
tsp of turmeric
tsp of ground coriander
tsp of whole cumin
tin of chopped tomatoes
squeexe of tomato puree
boiled water
chickpeas

Method
I boiled off the chickpeas for an hour and a half then drained.  While they were draining I chopped the chilli, garlic, ginger and onion.


I chucked the onions etc in a big pan and let them cook off for a bit and then added the spices and the drained chickpeas and let them combine.  I added the chopped tomatoes, a squirt of puree and then filled the empty tomato can with boiled water and added that to the pan.

I let it simmer off for 15 minutes then served with a splodge of creme fraiche.


The only thing that was missing was some fresh coriander!

I also made some raita to go with the popadoms.





3 comments:

  1. I love a good curry, this looks yummy!!

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hit the spot yesterday, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, i love chickpea curries.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)