Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Butterscotch Loaf Cake

Following on from sandwiching a cake with my Askey's Butterscotch Treat Sauce I couldn't resist making a cake with it.  I decided to substitute it for golden syrup and do a loaf cake.



Ingredients
150g SR flour
150g butter
1/3 bottle of Askeys butterscotch treat sauce
1 tsp mixed spice
pinch salt

Method
I melted the butter in a small pan on the hob with the butterscotch treat sauce, while that was melted I sieved all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.

When the butter was all melted I set it aside to cool a bit, then when cooled down I combined with the dry ingredients.

I stirred it all together and then poured into a greased, lined baking tin and into the oven, 150 degrees for 45 mins.





I was worried it might be a little bit much butter, but it tasted lovely.  The mixed spice just gave it a hint of a kick, and took off some of the sweetness of the butterscotch sauce.

An excellent alternative to golden syrup!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This looks absolutely fantastic!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)