Monday, 10 October 2011

Meal Planning Monday


It's the week before pay day so I'm trying to avoid a big shop.  That means a vegetarian/freezer week.

Monday -      Pork loin, mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower cheese (at parents)
Tuesday -      meeting a friend for a drink after work, need something quick - pasta and pesto.
Wednesday - fishcakes, I have fish and leftover mash in the freezer to use up
Thursday -     Stir fry - noodles, peppers, babycorn, spring onions, soy sauce, ginger, chilli
Friday -         my leaving do from work, and pay day.  Liquid tea...possibly a pizza?
Saturday -     Curry
Sunday -        Roast chicken

The chicken that I have on Sunday will give me chicken for a couple of meals next week.  I'll also make some for the flatmate, if she's in.  I'll be getting a free range chicken, so it will be an expensive food shop.  I only buy free range chicken, so I usually only have it around pay day.

I'm unsure what curry to do on Saturday, I really like Paneer so if I can find some I might make that.  I need to do a trip to Leeds market for fresh veg and fruit so I'll look there and see if I can find some, if not it'll be a butternut squash one.

Lunches for this week will be salad, I have some cous cous in the cupboard so will make up a big bowl and flavour it with lemon and herbs.

3 comments:

  1. Try making your own Paneer, it's a bit faffy but worth tge effort. I have a recipe for a Kadhai Paneer from the head chef of Moti Mohal in London if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love fishcakes, haven't made any in absolutely ages, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo, this is a great idea. I think writing down all the meals planned would definitely help me stick to it, rather than just reaching for a pizza some nights...

    Rosie xx
    Just Listen

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)