Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Tomato Heart Soup




Another one brought over from my old blog - I made this soup last year when I had some tomatoes to use up and jazzed it up with some heart shaped pasta from Millies in Leeds.

Ingredients
1 clove garlic
1 onion
6 large tomatoes
1 Litre veg stock
spoonful of creme fraiche
grated cheese (if you're a piggy, like me)
3 tsp sugar
tiny splash of balsamic
S&P
cup of pasta

Method

I chopped up all the veg and threw the onion and garlic into cook. When they'd done I added the tomatoes and sugar and left them to cook for 10 mins, with the lid on the pan, giving it a bit of a shake every so often.

I got a little bit wild at this point and threw in a splash of balsamic to bring out the flavour, then seasoned with the salt and pepper.

Next up I added in the veg stock and left it to simmer for 15 mins.  After that I blended it all, then added in my pasta and cooked for another 5 minutes till that was done.

To serve I poured it into my dish, and whacked in a generous helping of creme fraiche and a wee bit of grated cheese.  I had mine with some cheese on toast.

I didn't get a good picture of the soup in the bowl, but you can see from these pics how cute the pasta is.