Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Fudgetastic

I went to Scarborough last weekend, we had the usual fish and chips but couldn't resist going in the fudge shop and spending some pennies.  (The ones we had left after spending a fortune on the 2p machines....).


I picked out chocolate with crunchie for me, chocolate orange for my papa, chocolate with mars bar for mama and Phil had halves of strawberry and aero and vanilla and twirl.



I had a piece of mine with a cup of tea as soon as we got back.


I was inspired by the shop and decided to have a go at making some fudge myself...

I used this recipe but omitted the nuts.









It was really simple to do, just melting the chocolate and butter in with the condensed milk, sieving in the icing sugar (which I only remembered after I'd thrown a load of it in, hence the white speckles) and then pouring it into the tin and then putting it in the fridge to set.

The loaf tin I used wasn't ideal, it made it hard to get the fudge out.  I was a bit disappointed that the fudge was a bit too squidgy too.  I'm told I shouldn't have used icing sugar and used sugar instead... I'll try that next time!

Have you made fudge before?

1 comment:

  1. I've walked past that shop in Scarborough a couple of times and it looks absolutely amazing...!

    I've never made fudge before, but just reading your post makes me think it could be quite a good idea for Christmas presents? Might have to do some research.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)