Thursday, 17 November 2011

Wine of the week - Monte Nobile Riserva


I can't take the credit for picking this wine, I'd grabbed a bottle of French red when in Tesco, but then had this one pointed out to me.  As we were eating Italian food an Italian wine seemed appropriate to go with it. I think it was £4.49 down from £8.99.

The Tesco website tells me:

Ruby red with light orange highlights.

The spicy nose features notes of black pepper, vanilla and chocolate, which carry through to the soft, velvety, well-balanced palate.

Erm... I can't say I got those, this wasn't an overly fruity red, I'd put it as being Medium bodied.  It wasn't overpowering, nor was it weak and flavourless.  It was just right for drinking whilst eating my Spag Bol.

Not sure I'd purchase it again, but it's well worthy of it's place as wine of the week.