Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Ten questions....

I was tagged by the lovely FayC to complete this ages ago and have only just got round to it - sorry!


All you have to do is answer the 10 questions, tag a few people, then return to the original post and comment so that the tagger knows you have completed your mission.

Describe yourself in seven words
Bossy, Loud, Short, Irritable, Passionate, Loyal, Kind

What keeps you up at night?
Insomnia mostly.  I struggle to switch off, I can lie and worry for hours on end about inconsequential things all the time.  I can feel so weary before turning the light out, then once it's me and the darkness the worries start to creep in and things start ticking over in my mind. 

Who would I like to be?
I'd like to be me, but a better version of me.  One who is thinner, more attractive, taller, calmer and less easily irritated.  I'd like to be one of those people who can shrug things off and say "whatever", but I don't think I ever will be.  The little things get to me all the time.

What are you wearing now?
Blue jeans, white tshirt with a red wine stain on it - I hadn't noticed that when I was dressing, orange jumper (covering the wine stain), underwear and Phil's socks.

What scares me?
(I'm not sure if this means do I know what scares the person who tagged me, or what scares me? I'll go with me.)
I'm scared by everything.  Birds, fish, sharks, alligators, snakes. Then things like not being successful, reaching 30 without having achieved anything, not having my own children, being left on my own and as such a burden to my family.

What is the best and worst things of blogging?
The best things are having a space in the world to showcase talent, or usually in my case lack of talent.  The opportunity for some creative outlet, and also for the sense of community involved in blogging.  I love going to events and catching up with other bloggers, having a blog has opened up a whole world I didn't really know existed.


The worst thing for me would be the sense of competition that surrounds blogging, I stress myself out worrying that I'm not putting in as much effort as others - even though I know my blog is a hobby, it isn't a platform to anything else for me.  I'm not a writer, nor am I particularly talented at cooking, I'm  under no illusions that I should have a cookery book/show/column or anything else, I just like cooking and eating.  The blogging community can also be fiercely competitive.  I always recommend other food bloggers for campaigns/events etc, but very often never receive any thanks or acknowledgement for that.  I don't know any food bloggers that return that favour either.  


What was the last website you looked at?
Facebook.  I'm such a nosey parker.


If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
My weight.  I'd take away 2.5 of the extra 4 stone I weigh that my BMI tells me I shouldn't.  If I was 8 stone again I'd be a size 8, and look like a child, I don't want to be that thin, so if I could get to 10, or maybe 9.5 then I'd be happy.  I think that's going to have to be a goal for next year.


Slankets, yes or no?
Why not.

Tell us something about the person who tagged you.
Fay is an inspirational lady, battling with weight, going through cancer treatment, yet always looking for reasons to be cheerful.  She's also lovely and friendly on twitter too.


I'm not going to tag anyone as such, but if you fancy answering these questions then go ahead.







3 comments:

  1. They are really good answers. I agree with you on the competitiveness of blogging. I find I put a lot of pressure on myself to blog regularly, spread the word and I am always checking my stats on my phone (bit sad really). But then again it's my hobby for now. I may post some answers of my own if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the sense of competition that comes with blogging sometimes (mostly on twitter), but i can honestly say that i don't understand it and don't see why people get so wrapped up in it.

    I should think that you should blog for your own pleasure and creative outlet, and it's a real shame to get hung up on being part of a blogging 'culture' and worrying about stats and comments. I agree with you that this is definitely the worst part of blogging (so i just don't worry about it!!).

    Blog what you want to blog and when, and pay no attention to what other people are blogging- only read the blogs that you enjoy reading.

    Don't sweat the small things and keep on blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)