Monday, 30 January 2012

Ginger Oat Biscuits

Hello everyone, I'm back from my jolly holidays in Tenerife.  I ate and drank far too much and resumed my dieting today, but I couldn't resist a bit of a sweet treat this evening.

I (very loosely) used a biscuit recipe from my bero book as a base for these.


My version of ingredients was:

125g SR flour
125g oats
pinch salt
75g slimmer sweetener
75g flora extra light
skimmed milk
hefty helping of ground ginger

I mixed all the dry ingredients together then melted the marg in the microwave and stirred that in.  It combined with the dry mixture but not enough to make a dough. After adding milk until the mixture was all combined I decided I couldn't be bothered to try and dig out the rolling pin, and a laborious search of the cupboards was fruitless for finding the cutter I wanted to use, so I rolled these into small balls, using a bit of flour to avoid getting the gloop stuck to my hands.


I baked them in the oven at 180 for 20 minutes.  They rose up quite nicely but ended up looking more like rock cakes than biscuits.


They smelt delicious but upon eating were very, very, VERY sweet.  On the plus that meant I only wanted one.  Imagine gingery, sweet scones and you'll get the idea of what these were like.  Not my best baking success but a lovely sweet treat for a Monday night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you can only experiment. I still like the sound of this Ginger Sweet Scones - mmm now thats an idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)