Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Prawn and Mushroom curry

Today is my first PV (Protein + Veg) day on Dukan, and I've celebrated with this delicious curry.

Ingredients

Prawns
2 large mushrooms
1 red onion
1tsp garam masala
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground ginger
2tsp dried chilli's
garlic
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt








Method
Spray frying pan with frylight then chop the onion while that warms, add that to the pan with the garlic (we have some ready minced although I probably shouldn't have used it because of the oil).  Leave that to cook, stirring occasionally.  If it starts to stick to your pan at all add a small amount of water.

Add the spices, if I'm making a curry up on the hoof I just add the ones I like so the above are just a random selection of ones I like.  Let the spices combine and then add the mushrooms.  Leave that to cook for a couple of minutes then add your prawns.  They won't take long so possibly another three minutes and the pan is ready to come off the heat.

I asked on twitter today how I'd stop my yoghurt from splitting in a curry, loads of people replied back and told me to take it off the heat, leave it to cool a little and just add the yoghurt when ready to serve.  Excellent advice - it worked a treat for me!


When the pan had cooled off a little I added in 2 tbsp of fat free yoghurt, gave it a good stir to combine and then served with some dried coriander (we're out of fresh).


It was delicious, a wee bit spicy but just what I fancied.



So my first day of Cruise has gone well.

  • Breakfast 1 hardboiled egg
  • Lunch salad leaves, peppers, cottage cheese, prawns and another hardboiled egg
  • Snacks 3 slices of turkey, one pickled onion, 1 ginger oatbran biscuit
  • Tea as above, prawn curry
  • Drinks 4xcups of tea, 2xpints of diet coke, 1.5L water, 1xfanta zero, 1xoptions hot chocolate


If I leave the mushrooms out of the curry and just use half an onion I can have it on PP days too.  I think it's going to be a staple for the next few weeks!

I'm resisting the urge to weigh here, and will wait until Friday morning. I have everything crossed for a loss!


My ginger oatbran biscuits weren't quite the triumph they looked.... it turns out dissolving 2 sweetener cube thingys doesn't equate to 2tbsp of sweetener.  Granulated stuff on the shopping list....

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, homemade curry rocks - this one looks great!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)