Sunday, 19 February 2012

Madeira Cake


I used a James Martin recipe for this cake but decided to cook it in a loaf tin.  Due to using a deeper tin I left the cake in for just over an hour, but unfortunately decided to turn the oven up at the end which resulted in some slight charring.....

I wanted to try the recipe to see if it would make a good cake to use for the swiss rolls I'm making for Clandestine Cake Club, I wanted to decorate the swiss rolls to look like sticks of rock, so wanted a plain cake to use so it wouldn't be a sweet assault on the tastebuds...

I think the crumb consistency is wrong though, and all the swiss roll recipes I've looked at, and subsequently tried this weekend, don't use butter anyway.

It went down well at work/home though!





3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. I might give it a try next weekend. I'm too busy today eating Orange Blossom and Yoghurt cake - it's so good, i'm even eating it for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saturdaynightbanterfriend!19 February 2012 at 19:02

    I love madeira cake, do you take orders? (only half joking...)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)