Sunday, 4 March 2012

Peach and Mango Crumble

In a fit of fancying some different fruit I bought a mango the other day.  I decided it would be nice to have it in a crumble, but mango crumble seemed a little bit boring. A tin of peaches quickly livened it up!

Ingredients
1 mango
1 tin of peaches
1 tsp ginger preserve
200g plain flour
100g butter
100g sugar
100g oats

Method


I chopped up the mango into small chunks and popped that into a small pan with the peaches in their juice and a teaspoon of ginger preserve.  I added a splash more of water and left the pan to simmer gently while I made the crumble topping.

For the topping I put the flour, butter, sugar and oats into a large bowl and rubbed together until the butter had combined and it was the consistency of breadcrumbs.

When the fruit had been on the hob about ten minutes I took it off and poured into a large oven proof dish.  I then added the crumble topping, spreading it out evenly.

I popped the oven on to 180 and baked the crumble for 30 mins.  I then popped the grill on and browned the top for 10 minutes.


Due to me messing about with my phone the crumble was slightly darker than I would have liked, but I kind of like the topping to be well done...