Friday, 9 March 2012

Recent eats

I have been a terrible food blogger recently, I have hardly cooked and just basked in the warmth of being cooked for and spoiled.  I have a chicken and leek pie planned for Sunday though, tonight's stir fry to now be eaten tomorrow, and maybe some leek and potato soup for lunch.  Tonight's tea was carrot sticks and hummous.  I just can't bring myself to cook for just me, and we don't have any beans in (beans on toast is my eating alone meal).  My parents always have a stock of at least 6 tins of beans in, a habit passed on to me, followed by never having less than six pints of milk in the fridge, and a further emergency pint in the freezer.  I imagine my Mum's world would collapse if the milk ever ran out......

Baking wise I've done nothing this week, I do have the ingredients for Spinach and Cheese muffins but I haven't had the energy to bake them yet - I must get round to that this weekend too!

This week I've been eating cake with strawberries, Peach and Mango crumble, Pork chop with cauliflower cheese and spinach, chilli and stew.







Are you eating anything nice this weekend?