Sunday, 1 April 2012

Butternut Squash and Potato Pasties


A few weeks ago I was inspired by Emma's recipe for Double Potato Pies, as we had some pastry in the freezer I decided to give them ago, but opted to use up a butternut squash rather than sweet potato.

I roasted the squash in a hot oven with a little olive oil while the potatoes cooked, and then browned a finely chopped onion with a little garlic.  


When the squash was fully roasted I added it into a bowl with the potato and then mashed it up before adding the cooked onion.  


I used a small side plate as the template for my pasties and filled one side with the mixture, then folded the pastry over and sealed it, and then brushed with milk.

I popped the pasties in the oven for 25 minutes, until the pastry was browned.


I also made Phil a special potato and cheese pasty that didn't have any onions in, he loved that too.

I'll definitely be making these again when the weather turns colder (that'll be by Tuesday then...).

Thank you Emma for the inspiration!