Thursday, 19 April 2012

MS Society Cake Break in Bingley, 6th May

My good friend Chrissie (@techiefairy) is hosting a charity bake sale on Sunday 6th May as part of the MS Society Cake Break appeal.

The event is being held at Foundry Hill Bar in Bingley, just opposite the train station and will run from 11am to 7pm.

I've taken a few words from Chrissie from the Facebook Event page:

"This will be the 3rd year I've done this, and the last 2 years were a real success. Some of you will already know I've chosen the MS Society because I have a cousin who suffers with it, and who now has to face the possibility of major surgery on their spinal cord (which might not work) to prevent paralysis. So bake me a cake for charideee, or come and scoff them for a small donation. Free parking, and right next to Bingley train station and the bus terminus for several main routes to and from Bradford, Shipley and Keighley.

Hot and cold drinks will be available, and I will be there from 10am if people donating goodies want to drop them off. Or contact me via private message to arrange collection or delivery of your cakes prior to the actual event. It would help me enormously if you could deliver them, but don't let that stop you rolling your sleeves up and putting the oven on if you can't. We will have refrigeration if you want to make things with cream and custard in".


I'll be attending and baking my sumptuous Spiced Ginger Cake, which went down a treat at the last Clandestine Cake Club I went to, and I may even make some buns (or cupcakes as they're known round some parts...).  The bar the Cake Break is being held in is lovely, comfortable and spacious and has some great beers.  I'd be stupidly happy if someone makes a Coffee Cake, I'll be making a beeline for that.

There's an eventbrite page to sign up for, which gives some more information.  Chrissie is also fundraising and would be grateful for any donations.

I'm hoping my blog post will get a few more people coming along to enjoy cake and raise some cash!