Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Aruba - Chocolate Teabread

My wikipedia perusing tells me that Aruba have sent 4 athletes to London this year, and have been in the Olympics since 1988 but have never won any medals.


I found this recipe on the Visit Aruba website, and being a lover of cake it jumped out as a good one to do.

http://www.visitaruba.com/aruba-recipes/chocolate-tea-bread/

The recipe was very easy to follow - but I'm not convinced that it's call for applesauce meant the apple sauce we put on pork - but that's what I used!  The chocolate chips I used let the whole recipe down by melting - they seemed smaller than ones I've used before, and I'm told by a chocolate expert that the best tip to working with chocolate chips is to freeze them then add them frozen!

I don't feel like I've done Aruba justice with this cake though.