Saturday, 11 August 2012

Japan - Pickled Ginger


Japan sent a whopping 293 competitors to London for 24 sports!  Wikipedia tells me they've won 35 medals so far!  I'm quite impressed that a few of the golds are in Women's wrestling - well done ladies!


I feel like I've let people down with my effort for Japan, I really should have gone and got myself all the gear to make sushi with - but I'm not supposed to eat raw fish being pregnant, and I'm sick of veggie sushi.  In my google searching one of the recipes that popped up was Pickled Ginger http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/632085 this is one of my favourite things to eat when having sushi - I always overindulge in it.





Yet again I've gone overboard with the pink food colouring...but pink is good...  Today the colour looks to have faded a little.  I haven't tried any yet, but hopefully it will taste as good as the stuff I'd get with sushi - although I didn't use a mandolin, so my pieces of ginger are a little generous!

Pickled ginger was really easy to make, and would be a great present in a hamper for someone that loves sushi.