Monday, 6 August 2012

Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is one of the Caribbean Islands, and sent 3 athletes to compete in London, I got very over excited when I saw the 100m competitor on tv the other day. This challenge has really made me notice the other countries.

As with all my recipes for the Olympic Food Challenge I conducted a google search and then picked the recipe I most wanted to try.  In this case it was Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - and they were delicious!

http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/recipes/recipe.asp?recipe=219

I would have never thought to use sweetcorn in with the stuffing mixture, but I'll definitely be using it again.  I did miss the addition of cheese or sour cream though.  I ate mine with a dollop of mayo for dipping purposes.