Monday, 13 August 2012

Uruguay - Dulce de leche


Uruguay sent 29 athletes to compete in 8 sports at London, but unfortunately they didn't win any medals.

When I was doing my research into Uruguayan cuisine and saw Dulce de leche I knew it had to be the one that I picked.

But it was hard work...  I was stirring.... and stirring.... and stirring... but it wasn't getting any browner, then Phil came in and decided I'd used the wrong kind of sugar.  So I put in some brown sugar.  And I stirred, and stirred, and stirred.  And then I lost my temper and added some more baking soda.

That was what I was missing - it thickened up and went syrupy.  After over an hour of stirring I was so pleased!




I used my dulce de leche to make a gorgeous cheesecake.  I don't think I would make this again from scratch, no matter how delicious it was!