Friday, 28 September 2012

Betty's Tea Room, Harrogate

It was my 30th birthday on Wednesday, and having a baby on board I couldn't celebrate in my usual debauched fashion, with copious amounts of booze, so we did the next best thing and Phil took me for afternoon tea.

Dainty sandwiches, fruity scones and delicious sweet treats, all washed down with tea.  Heavenly.

I loved the pomp and ceremony of it all, pouring the tea through the strainer, using the tea cups and saucers and eating cake using a proper cake fork.




After we finished eating we popped into the shop before leaving and I picked up a fondant fancy - I ate that yesterday amidst the chaos of workmen all over the house, boy did I need it!  (I could do with another one today).


3 comments:

  1. I love Bettys, their fat rascals are amazing and I love their earl grey too. And their sandwiches are honestly the best sandwiches I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the sandwiches, but the cakes definitely stole the show :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)