Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Gousto

I was contacted by the lovely people from Gousto to receive two meals to make and review.  I really like this concept, choosing the recipes you want to try that week, and then getting all the ingredients you need to make it delivered to your door.

I chose the chicken with mascarpone and lime sauce, and pad thai.  Phil made the chicken dish, he found the instructions easy to follow and the dish was delicious!  I made the pad thai, but left out the bean sprouts, peanuts and chives that the recipe called for, but added some peas and sweetcorn.  I found the recipe really simple to follow, the instructions were clear and precise and didn't use any jargon.  I don't think I did my tofu justice though, it seemed to dissolve in the pan - I didn't squeeze out enough of the water.




I really enjoyed these dishes, but unfortunately for me a subscription is priced out of our food budget - particularly with me going on maternity leave in a couple of weeks time.  But a subscription like this would be so handy, no missed ingredients at the supermarket, and everything in the quantities you need!