Friday, 19 October 2012

Mushroom and Pea Risotto


Ingredients
150g arborio rice
1 litre vegetable stock
Mushrooms
leftover wine
Onion, finely chopped
squeeze of garlic
thyme
peas

Method
Phil chopped the onion finely and sautéed in olive oil with a squeeze of garlic.  When the onion had cooked off for a few minutes I added  the arborio rice to the pan and then the wine.  I'd say it was about a quarter of a bottle, so probably a glass of wine.  I let the alcohol cook off while Phil chopped the mushrooms, then they were added to the pan, along with a small amount of stock and a generous sprinkle of dried thyme.

I kept adding the stock, a small amount each time, until the liquid had cooked off.  With the last addition of stock I added the frozen peas.


We served it with some bread, and a good helping of grated cheese (Phil doesn't eat parmesan so I don't have any in the house).

It was delicious, warming, gooey and tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments :)