Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Chunky Onion Marmalade

I made the next additions to my Christmas hampers last week using an Ainsley Harriot recipe but didn't quite chop the onions finely enough, so my offering is called Chunky Onion Marmalade.  I didn't alter the ingredients, quantities or method from the recipe - unusual for me, but I don't have time to do a few versions to get perfect so I had to put my faith into Ainsley...  My gamble paid off though, I had a sneaky taste of what didn't make it into the jars and it was delicious!



 The onions I used came from my Yorkshire Farm Shop vegetable box.  A weekly email gets sent out with the vegetables available from the farm and then you get to choose what size box you want, and if you want a box that week.  There's also breads, dairy and a beers and sundries list that comes out that can be ordered from too.  I'd definitely recommend the vegetable boxes, using organic veg really makes a difference to the flavour and has definitely improved my onion marmalade and carrot chutney!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about onions! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Wishing you very happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, thank you for linking this in to Food on Friday. We are now starting to get quite a collection of onion dishes together. Do stop by some of the other links to check them out! Happy Holidays!

    Ps I have just signed up to follow your blog. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or have you already followed? Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)