Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Cowboy Casserole


Looking after Daisy is meaning that cooking isn't a great priority at the minute.  After living off ready meals/take aways for the first couple of weeks I've been trying to make sure I cook most of the nights - but things have to be quick and easy.  We've been having a lot of one pot meals, and last night I quickly whipped up a quick version of Cowboy Casserole.  If I was making this with more time I'd add a better selection of beans, and some more veg - onions, carrots etc but I just wanted it to be simple and easy.

Ingredients
Six good quality sausages, I used pork & sage
One tin tomatoes
One tin beans
Good squirt of tomato puree
black pepper
cayenne pepper

Method
I chopped the sausages in half and then browned them in my large casserole pan for about 15 minutes.and then threw over the tins of tomatoes and beans, squeezed in the tomato puree and seasoned with black and cayenne pepper.  I let that simmer for about 10 minutes and then served.

A posher version of a tin of sausage and beans really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments :)