Monday, 31 December 2012

Crockpot slow cooker

I was sent a Crock Pot slow cooker to review way back in November, but didn't get round to using it until mid December.  Cooking anything for Daisy's first few weeks was completely beyond us - we lived off ready meals and take aways.

When I finally got round to using the Crock Pot I made a Fridge Forage Stew - using chorizo and any vegetables that needed using up which I served with rice, a beef stew, and a Beef Thai Green Curry.  I didn't take a picture of the thai beef curry, because I went slightly wrong by not adding fresh coriander when making the paste - I used dried and it really didn't give that green colour - the curry ended up being a sludgy brown colour - but it tasted fantastic!  I'll be trying to do it again in the next couple of days so will blog it properly then.






I have a slow cooker already, but the big difference between that and the Crock Pot one is the Crock Pot has a timer.  You set the cooker going, set how many hours to cook for and off it goes.  When that time is up the cooker switches into Warm mode and keeps the food warm.  I do sometimes worry about overdoing things in the slow cooker, if I set it before I went to work at 7am then we didn't get back till 7pm - so this function is a big improvement on my old slow cooker.

I'd definitely recommend this slow cooker, just for the timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments :)