Sunday, 3 February 2013

A month of Slimming World

In my first month I've lost 11ibs.  I should have been Slimmer of the Month but the results of my first week were halved to make it fair to existing members - I was beaten by a quarter of a pound.  So annoying.

I won't lie, I haven't found it easy.  I just don't have enough time to devote to doing it properly.  I hope as the weeks go by and looking after Daisy gets a bit easier then I'll be a bit more prepared, able to make better lunches etc. In the last week I've ended up not eating at all during the day, because I didn't have time to chop and cook something syn free and didn't want to add more syns to my total.  That's not a healthy way of losing weight.

The things I like about it are that I can eat as much as I want of the free foods, which includes carbs.  A refreshing change after other diets.  What I don't like is how much convenience products are pushed, rather than healthy eating - such as smash, mug shots etc.  But - I have the choice to eat them or not, and I can easily choose not to.

Our group session hasn't been very useful so far, which is disappointing after hearing other people say theirs is inspiring and helpful - at ours they just do a round robin of who has lost what weight, and then the target members smugly give some recipes and then get annoyed if people don't stick to them... Going to a different one isn't an option for me, living out in the sticks.  So I will stick with it and hope that when people start to drop off a smaller group will be a more productive group session.

We also don't seem to have much of the 'Body Magic' pushed on us (or exercising as it's more commonly known), I know I would lose weight more successfully if also exercising.  I manage to do walking with Daisy most days but haven't managed any substantial exercise - I definitely don't have time to go to the gym.  But soon the weather will be better and I'll be able to get out on my bike, although Phil will have to stop at home to look after Daisy and I feel a bit scared cycling on the roads on my own.

I think perhaps I should have waited until Daisy was five or six months old before starting Slimming World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments :)