Monday, 7 October 2013

Recent eats - holidaying in Wales





We had a little holiday in Wales at the end of September (coinciding with my birthday).  We stopped in a Superior caravan at Presthaven Sands.  I'd never stayed in a Haven before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The caravan was of a higher standard than I'd expected, but wasn't as clean as I'd have liked.  Thank goodness I brought my flashwipes with me!  Inside the van the floor was dirty, the cupboards had dried on food over them and inside the fridge hadn't been cleaned.  Outside the van there was also loads of cigarette butts.  I was disappointed mostly by that - it's not really the first thing you want to see upon arriving.  I noted all of that in the feedback form, I hope my comments are taken on board.  

The site itself was great, very friendly and helpful staff, and so many activities for children.  We took Daisy swimming, to the soft play and she went on the swings with Phil every day.  We went to the evening entertainment on 2 of our 4 nights, Phil managed to win the bingo on the second night.  We visited family, went to Llandudno, Conwy and Rhyl, and on my birthday went into Chester.

I'd definitely do another static caravan holiday - but I'll never become a caravaner!  Towing, packing and unpacking a caravan is not my idea of a holiday!

Onto the eating.... we had to have the standard caravan tea - corned beef hash.  


Phil also did us a lovely spag bol one of the nights.

I picked up some fudge in Conwy, the salted caramel was my favourite.


I had a Conwy Cream Tea - which surprised me to come on the same plate - but it saved room on our table so was fine with me.  Not sure about the whipped cream though...


For my birthday lunch I had a hankering for a burger, so we had burgers at a pub in Chester, and picked up a slice each of chocolate gateaux from Patisserie Valerie for our pudding.  I then had pizza for tea (piggy)



We didn't go wild with eating out, and with having Daisy with us we didn't want to eat out at night.  

We had a nice break,and it was lovely to see family.