Monday, 6 January 2014

Meal Planning Monday 6th January

I'm joining up with Mrs M's meal planners this week.



  • Tonight we had a slimming world version of fish pie.  It was vile.  We won't be having that again.
  • Tomorrow I was going to do the superspeed soup, but I don't think I can inflict it on Phil, so we'll have a simple leek and potato instead.
  • Wednesday is a chicken and bacon pasta dish, in a tomato sauce, undecided if that will be herby or spicy.
  • Thursday is Gammon, egg and slimming world chips (I don't have a great success rate with these - they always stick to the foil).
  • Friday is chilli, nice and simple.
  • Saturday we're at a birthday party in the afternoon so not sure what we'll be having for our tea, possible jacket potatoes and beans.
  • Sunday will be beef stew, done in the slow cooker, with lots of veg.


I find it very hard to get slimming world friendly meals that everyone will eat, so I think I'll be having quite a few nights of cooking two meals in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. My aunt did SW with great results and made quite a lot of nice recipes without her husband complaining ..but I guess they can't all be good - I remember making a weight watchers curry and was vile too! I think for the SW chips she uses one of those baking parchment sheets helps stop them sticking! I've no experience with their fish pie but I make my sauce with skimmed milk, a little butter and flour and a small amount of cheese and turns out tasty! Cornflour instead to thicken the sauce also can work but I think you lose flavour.

    Hope the rest of your meals are better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh noo, what a shame about the fish pie, usually people say how lovely the sw versions are! SW chips are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to #mealplanningmonday - as I sad on FB, sorry to hear that your fish pie was rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not using baking parchment is where I've gone wrong in the past! I normally use skimmed milk in cheese sauce, but was trying to be a good slimmer and not have any syns. It worked though I spose, I lost 5ibs at fat club!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments :)