Sunday, 15 February 2015

Recent eats - first two weeks of Feb


Over the last two weeks I've eaten a few stir fry meals, lots of soup (butternut squash and red pepper shown above), a sausage and puy lentil stew (I loved it, everyone else hated it), cauliflower fried 'rice' and stuffed mushrooms.

In celebration of valentines day Daisy and I made double chocolate heart cookies, and Phil and I had an M&S dine in meal.  The wine was the star of our meal, Wave Break Pinot Grigio - absolutely delicious, we'll be stocking up with more of that.

I also bought some Essy & Bella chocolates, these are dairy, egg and gluten free. I always imagine "free from" products as being tasteless, these definitely are not. I bought pink peppercorn and sea salt, lime and sea salt and ginger bars, and got Phil a heart lollypop. Our favourite was the lime one, we love chocolate lime sweets, so this was a perfect bar for us to share.

So far this month I've eaten out with the girls at Little Tokyo in Leeds, fantastic as always, and will be heading into Trinity Kitchen for a Fish& fix next week.

Slimming world wise, I got slimmer of the month for January - 8.5ibs off, but have totally gone to pot and gained 3ibs last week! I'm expecting another gain this week after all the wine and food we've had this weekend. Need to give my head a shake, and stop snacking.