Sunday, 13 September 2015

Chocolate Tart

I made a chocolate tart to accompany the sunday lunch at my parents last weekend - and promptly forgot to take it with me, not very clever.  Luckily they were passing that evening and could pick up some to try for supper.

I used this BBC Good Food recipe, but opted to melt my butter on the hob, and also melt my chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.  Our microwave is unpredictable at best in it's desire to cook - so I don't trust it to melt chocolate in, back to the old school method for me.

I had a tiny piece of this as I cut my parents portion.  It was OK - but lacked something.  I thought maybe some pieces of honeycomb to add another texture to the chocolate topping.  It was very rich, and a bit sickly really.  I'm tempted to make it again, adding in some pears and ginger, and using ginger biscuits as the base.

Do you have a go to chocolate tart recipe?