Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Gourmet garden lightly dried herbs

I was sent a selection of lightly dried herbs to review; parsley, basil and coriander.

I usually have fresh basil, parsley, rosemary and mint growing at home, but for some reason I can never keep coriander alive - something to work on!

I'll admit that when I was sent these I didn't quite see the point to them. However, as I've been using these I've found the herbs just being in the fridge to be really useful and have made use of them more than I thought I would.

I always find I prefer to use fresh herbs, these lightly dried versions have provided a good alternative - and my inner lazy cook does quite appreciate not having to chop my fresh herbs up, or rescue the children from the garden whilst I'm cutting a few sprigs.

I also like the packets they're in. My herb and spice collection has taken up a whole shelf of a cupboard - I need one of those spice tree thingys with them all together. So just chucking these on the shelf of my fridge door was handy.

I've found the flavour, texture and smell of these to be good too - certainly better than my dried varieties that have been open a good few months.

If I saw these in the supermarket I would definitely buy - particularly the coriander!