Monday, 19 October 2015

Meal planning monday - 19th October




Monday - chicken fried rice
Tuesday - chicken soup
Wednesday - tomato pasta
Thursday - sausages
Friday - pork loins
Saturday - freezer dive
Sunday - beef stew

This week we're using up roast chicken leftovers.  I even made stock last night from the carcass to use as the base of the soup!

It's the week before pay day, so funds are tight, meals have to be cost effective. I bought the meat pack last week from our local butchers, and have sausages, four pork loins and a pound of stewing beef left.  We're at a 60th birthday party on Saturday so will just defrost some leftovers for a quick tea. Luckily I'm driving so won't have hangover hunger on Sunday!

I'm not doing very well with my slimming world at the moment, meals are no problem but I'm still making bad choices for snacking. Come 7:30 and the girls being in bed then I just want to eat. I need to go back to saving my HExB for then so I can have a bowl of cereal.  I've been so exhausted that I didn't go to the gym at all last week. When I'm getting so little sleep it's so hard to leave the house at 7:30pm to go. I think this is the only time where I long for them both to be at school - then I could get things like exercising done during the day. If the gym opened at 6am I could go and be back in time for Phil going to work at 7, but it doesn't - and sometimes the only uninterrupted sleep I get is 5-7am when the girls are downstairs with Phil. Losing weight when I'm so tired sometimes feels impossible.