Monday, 9 November 2015

Recent Eats - October and early November

I've been concentrating on my Slimming World (not that it's showing on the scales, but that's another post) and haven't eaten out all that much - we can't afford to do so anyway.  I'm not finding it as much of a challenge to find meals we'll all eat this time round.  Apologies for the poor quality of pictures, the camera on my phone is terrible indoors.






 

At the beginning of October I had a meal at Sonali - no photo, sorry - our local Indian restaurant. I had vegetable samosas to start - surprisingly spicy, and Lamb Multani - which came with melted cheese on top.  I've never had a curry before with melted cheese on top, but I really enjoyed it.  Sonali is very popular locally, I've always found the food to be good, and portion sizes generous.

I popped up to Newcastle to meet my friend and her little girl during half term - we ate at Prezzo, but sadly the food wasn't great, and the service was terrible.  I did think the children's menu was good value though; it's only saving grace.

Last week I went to the Homage2Fromage cheese cafe pop up in the Merrion Centre.  The Yorkshire Rarebit was fantastic - I'll go back just for that.  But my pizza wasn't quite as cheesy as I thought it would be - but still a decent pizza, and good value at £8.  It's an interesting concept and something different for Leeds.  And pulled pork burger free...  I would have liked to have had a slice of cheesecake for dessert, or even a piece of fruitcake with some Wenesleydale cheese - but maybe cheesecake is a bit too pedestrian.  The only criticism I have is the price of the cheeseboard, it seems overly expensive - but I didn't see one made up, so perhaps the extra items on the board make up the cost.  The staff coped very well with four children though, and were very gracious about the mess created.  I managed to get up as much as I could, but I really do need to take out a mini dustpan and brush for eating out with my girls!




When we arrived at the restaurant we were five minutes early for opening, and weren't allowed in, so we popped up to The Chilli Shop; I picked up a Really Nice Food Company sweet chilli dip, which is amazing.  There's lots of samples to try in the shop; I'll be heading back up there for something to add to my parents Christmas hamper I'm sure.